Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WOD - 20100721

Front Squat One Ups

Perform one front squat the first minute, two the second minute, and so on for 15 minutes.  If you fail to complete the reps within the minute allowed, finish the reps for that round, rest for the remainder of the next round and continue at the beginning of the next minute one round behind.  For instance, if in round 12 you only get 10 reps in by the end of the minute, perform your last two reps in round 13 and wait until round 14 starts to begin your round of 13.  Goal is to complete 15 rounds, but if you fall behind, just keep doing as many rounds as you can...you should only start a round on the top of a minute. 


Did i mention you must start from the ground?  Clean or power clean the bar from the ground to begin your round (or if you drop the bar).


If you squat clean the first rep, you can count it as long as you hit the bottom of the squat before you stand up. 


i'll be at the Hardstand at 0600 and 1600 in case the gym closes at 1700.


Post rounds completed to comments.

From Starting Strength, Rippetoe & Kilogre, 2007

We can learn a lot from the illustration...closing the hip angle engages the hamstrings and engaging the hamstrings creates power.

11 comments:

  1. I can't make it by 4 so I'll give it a go on my own at the Northside gym..5ish. Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm thinking we should try and raise some money for a good cause and do it as an affiliate. What does everyone else think?

    http://www.fgb5.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13+6 reps, 67 lbs.

    Thanks, everyone for cheering me on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 + 7 reps @ 65#

    Josh did... 11 @ 95#

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chief's Scoreboard -

    135lbs 13 rounds

    Sorry i didn't put the Rx'd weight on this WOD...i really thought i'd done it. For anyone still wondering, it's 135/95.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Hosh - That's a great idea. Do you have one in mind?

    135lbs 13 rounds 5 reps

    **and I woke up screaming in the middle of the night from a leg cramp

    ReplyDelete
  7. 14 rds 7 reps...brutal. I dropped the weight after the 14th rep and the timer went of to start round 15. I had to suck wind for a bit before I could pick up the weight for a go a 15 reps. Legs were twitching for a good hour after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I read this WOD I thought to myself this was going to be easy. I mean seriously, the most reps you ever have to do at one time is 15...I can do 15 reps in my sleep. Boy-O-Boy, I'm so full off of the huge humble sandwich that was served up to me!

    12 complete rounds.

    ReplyDelete