Friday, March 18, 2011

WOD - 20110319



CrossFit Games Open WOD 11.1

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 Double-unders
15 Power snatches 75/55
http://pd.crossfit.com/games/video/Games2011_Open_ExplanationWod1.mov

Description
Double-under
This is a standard double-under in which the rope passes twice for each jump. Only successful jumps are counted, not just attempts.

Power snatch
This power snatch is really a "ground to overhead anyhow." The key point is the range of motion between the start and end points. For a barbell loaded with full sized plates, the bottom is when the plates touch the ground. For a barbell loaded with smaller plates, the bottom is when the barbell passes fully below the knee cap. The overhead position is when knees and hips are fully extended, arms are locked out overhead and the bar is over or behind the heels. Make sure to come to full extension on every rep.

If you intend on entering the Open, please make sure Paul knows and can get you scheduled.  Thanks and good luck.

18 comments:

  1. What time are we meeting guys? Who's coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate mentioned that she'll be there. I'm definitely going to be there (if there's a 488th or 95th person to open the door and be there during the workout). I know we've been meeting at 1000 on Saturdays. That works for me, but an earlier time works as well (like 0900).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we having a normal wod tomorrow? 10 is good for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be there around 10:00.

    Robin, if you want I can be there early at 09:00am. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there now that the Sasturday 5k run is cancelled. 10:00 is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least Tony can be there, I may be a tad late so feel free to drag getting started ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10:00 is fine for me, Tony. See you all then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 rounds + 90 j.ropes and 5 snatches. Only 5 away from my 5th round. As rx'd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4rnds+30DU+3 snatches (as rx'd)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off -- Great job today, everyone! Sorry for forgetting to start the music...

    For anyone who is registered for the Sectionals you need to "Submit Your Score" on your own -- that means log in to your account on the games site, Type in "CrossFit Mildenhall" as your affiliate and enter your Total number of Completed and Partial Rounds. I will send Chief an e-mail with your scores and he will validate the score. Questions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 rounds+10jumps( 90 jumps each round)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Paul said great job it was fun to actually be able to get over and workout with you all. Paul, I did figure out how to submit my score so I'm set. Big thanks to Kate for scoring my WOD.

    CrossFit Games Open WOD 11.1 As Rx'd 4rds + 33 reps, not happy but I'll take it.

    Remember to have fun with these WOD's, I'm still trying to make myself remember that as I'm a bit disappointed with my score.

    Have a great weekend everyone and it was great to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 rounds... seriously?! (as RX'd)

    I ended up pushing out a lot of those overheads and very slowly. Maybe it was the lack of company?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new deadline for submitting your result for the Week 1 workout is now Sunday, March 27 at 17:00 PDT.

    http://games.crossfit.com/features/deadline-extension-week-1

    ReplyDelete